Analytics

Saturday, November 3, 2012

A month of Twitter

Every month I like to take on some new habit, try various things out for a spin. I don't write about them here, since most of them have nothing to do with Stoicism.

However, this month, I've decided to try and write every day on my as-yet-rarely used Twitter account. @skepticalstoic.  Hopefully, more than once a day.  So, check out what I have to say over there.  My hope is that this is a beneficial practice I' haven't done yet.  I did previously try journaling for a month, but that was a personal journal. If you look at what Marcus Aurelius wrote, it was rarely personal at all.  It was more like he was expounding wisdom for a reader, but the real reader was himself.  By teaching a thing, we can internalize it, and this is another form of journaling that I have not tried yet.

I'll try this out and see what effect it has, and I'll write it up at the end of November.  Has anyone else tried this before?  If so, what have your experiences been?

1 comment:

  1. I've done something similar with keeping a notebook of paraphrases of the points I find in Seneca's letters and my interpretations and thoughts.

    I've found that it helps make the principles and wisdom more automatic, more available when I'm feeling emotional.

    [apologies for the potential double post.]

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete